By Crosswalk.com Editorial Staff, Crosswalk.com
What does the Bible say about faith? How do we have faith when it seems like God has forgotten us?
The Bible regularly emphasizes the power and importance of our faith in the Lord. Without faith, we fall into darkness and the despair of sin. But with faith, we shall overcome all obstacles and return to the love of our Father in heaven. Here we have collected the best Bible verses about faith to strengthen your trust in the Lord!
"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ." - Romans 10:17
May these Scripture quotes on faith bring you comfort and joy. Meditate on the Word of God and find that your faith can be renewed in His promises and faithfulness.
Trust in the Lord
1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. - Proverbs 3:5-6
3. The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. - Psalm 28:7
5. Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord. - Psalm 32:10
Believe in Christ
6. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
7. Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. - Romans 10:9-10
8. And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." - Acts 16:31
9. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. - John 3:36
10. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. - Mark 16:16
Get Your Strength from God
11. But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31
12. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
13. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7
14. The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. - Psalm 18:32-34
15. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5
Pray in Faith
16. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
17. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - John 15:7
18. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. - Matthew 21:22
19. And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. - 1 John 3:22
20. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. - Matthew 7:7
Keep the Faith
21. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. - 2 Timothy 4:7
22. But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. - Jude 1:20-21
23. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. - Ephesians 6:16
24. Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13
25. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.” - Romans 1:17
What Does the Bible Say about Faith?
The Bible says that faith is confidence in what we hope for and the assurance that the Lord is working, even though we cannot see it. Faith knows that no matter what the situation, in our lives or someone else’s, that the Lord is working in it.
The Hebrew word for faith is emunah which means “support.” This is perfect because faith is like “the Lord’s support” to us because he is working in every situation for his glory. Regardless of what we think, He always knows best, and there are many times we have to see by faith and not our own eyes.
Where Does Faith Come From?
Faith can only come from a new heart, regenerated by God; therefore, faith is a gift from God. It is the unique way that God uses to bring salvation to his people. We strengthen our faith by reading the Bible and hearing the gospel. The more we immerse ourselves in truth, the more our confidence grows. Everyone who is saved has been gifted faith. It is the ability to believe God is who He says He is, trusting Him in all things for all things. Faith also helps to combat unbelief and motivates us to do what God desires us to do. Not only do we grow our faith by reading Scripture and praying in our own time, but also by hearing the message in church with other believers.
Justification by faith means that God has removed the penalty of our sins and has declared us to be righteous. By God's work, we have peace with our Lord Jesus Christ.
“Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.” Romans 5:1 (NLT)